Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 8th - Quick Run to IKEA........

....OK, everyone knows that was a joke.  There is no such thing as a "quick" run to IKEA.  However, we did go down and spend a few hours there.  Bill didn't have a job today and I have been wanting us to take a day and do some shopping, so it finally arrived!  After a couple of errands in the morning, we took off.  The first thing we did was have lunch.  Priorities, you know! 

Then we started the long hike - and had a great time.  I have been planning on buying a shelf unit that can be used on its side for a bench, so that was one of the items I was specifically looking at.  We got that and three bins to use with it.  It will go under the windows in the sunroom and will primarily be a bookcase.  I want a foam pad on top, so I will have to get that yet.

Our other purpose in shopping there was to look at their kitchens, particularly countertops and backsplashes.  We are planning on redoing our kitchen in the near future and we have been looking around for ideas and good deals.  Besides that, IKEA is just fun.

When we got home, it was mid-afternoon and we were both tired.  That means that the bookcase will get put together another day!  I did a good bit of family history and also watched another episode of Downton Abbey. 

I forgot to send out my RS email, which I worked all day yesterday getting ready, so that will be a day late.  Good thing I just call it the "weekend" email!

So, a busy and fun day.  We don't seem to have many days that we spend together all day, so that was fun, too.

No comments: