Saturday, February 23, 2013

February 22nd - Happy Birthday, David!

This has been a rather busy day.  I did a few normal things to start off my day, then one of the sisters I visit teach came by.  I have hired her to make a cushion for the bookcase/bench that I just got from IKEA.  She had a piece of foam that wasn't going to get used, so she came over to measure and make sure the foam would work.  From there, we both drove to her place to drop off her car for her husband, then we took off for Snellville to shop at JoAnn's.  By the time we got there, it was almost time for lunch, so we stopped at Steak and Shake and had a nice long lunch - talking the whole time.  She had some things that she had wanted to talk about and that worked out perfectly.  From there, we went to pick out the fabric and the notions for the cushion.  It was a great VT visit, I must say!

I had a short list of other chores that I planned to do on my way home.  One of them was to drop off the checks for the group order to my friend who was going to the cannery for both of us this evening.  So, I gave her a quick call on the phone to make sure she was home.  Turned out, she was standing at my front door!  She needed to go out, so she was going to pick up the checks to help me out.  Funny.  I went on home, gave her the checks, and we visited a bit. 

By then, I decided that the chore list could wait another day.  Bill had gotten home while I had been gone, and he wanted to rest a little.  I was doing a couple of computer things.  We had just gotten settled and the missionaries stopped by.  We always enjoy seeing them, but it is hard to nap with visitors!  Actually, they really just stopped to use the bathroom.  They were on their way to an appointment and only stayed a short while.

They left and we settled in again, and one of the first things I saw was the news release that the church had created 58 new missions and one of the new ones would be Georgia Macon.  Just a few years ago, there was only one mission in GA - now there will be three!

I finally decided to take a short nap, too, and today I did sleep for a half hour or so.  Not long after we both got up, we headed over to Lisa's for dinner.  Today is David's birthday and he likes to have a home cooked meal rather than going out.  They fixed a plank grilled salmon, grilled veggies and pineapple, rice, salad - all very good.  Then the birthday cake was a chocolate cake.  We used to call it a tunnel of love cake, because it has a fudge center, but they are calling it something fancier now. 

In addition to dinner, we were able to watch quite a show put on by the kids.  Ashby is so into ballet and having her daddy lift her.  She has the look down perfectly - pretty legs, pointed toes, pretty arms, pointed fingers, head held just perfectly.  Brooks likes to do it, too, but he doesn't look so graceful!  I guess he is the comic relief.  It was a lot of fun.


No comments: