Monday, February 18, 2013

February 17th - Ward Conference

We had ward conference this morning, so our church meetings were a little different than usual.  The speakers in Sacrament Meeting were the bishop and the stake president - both excellent.  The  last two hours were combined with the priesthood and we heard the 1st counselor in the stake presidency, the stake RS president, her first counselor, the stake Sunday School president, and the high counselor assigned to our ward.  It made for a long time sitting in the chapel!!  But it was all good.

When I got home, I got the roast in the oven and the rest of dinner ready to go.  Then I had a little time to rest and do some computer things.  Bill got home a little earlier than usual - there were some things going on after the conference, but he managed to slip between the cracks, I guess, and didn't have to go out doing visits.

Lisa and the kids came over for dinner.  David wasn't feeling well and decided to stay home.  As usual, we had a fun afternoon with them.  Brooks can now count to ten and he put on quite a demonstration - counting everything over and over again.  Ashby had a little fever, so she came in her nightgown, but seemed to be feeling well enough to play, too.  She did spend a long time reading books, though.  It was a very fun afternoon.

In the evening, I got focused on family history.  I am trying to get birth information (I know the dates and general area, but I have not found any records yet) for my grandfather and his siblings.  I am hoping if I can fill in enough blanks, I will be able to focus my search more specifically in the Danish records.  Tonight I was working on one of his younger sisters and trying to get everything I can on her.  For some reason, I have not been able to find any of them in the 1910 census, which is strange since they were all here by 1903.  I also have been unable to find Camilla in the 1930, which should be easy, as she was married by then.  I found several new items, but not either of those.  I guess I will just keep looking!

No comments: