Monday, February 25, 2013

February 24th - Much Better Day!

I think laying low yesterday helped, as I am feeling so much better today.  I still have it in my throat and upper bronchial, but I don't have a fever nor do I feel as bad.

I like that we are now on the morning church schedule, so I get up, shower, do hair and makeup, get dressed, have some breakfast, and then check email, etc., if I have time.  Our meetings were very good today.  One young woman had her missionary farewell talk.  She had called her bishop between sessions of conference when the new age for young women was announced in October.  She will be going to Las Vegas and will be a great missionary.  Bill was the concluding speaker.  He was supposed to be prepared to talk for anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes, depending on how long the other speakers took.  He did an excellent job, too, and had about 15 minutes.

The RS lesson was also really good, as usual.  It was Teaching For Our Times and the conference talk was the one from Sister Dibbs, "I Know It. I Live It. I Love It."  There was a very strong spirit and I noticed a couple of sisters who had some strong feelings about some of the things said.

When I got home, I took a short nap so I would have the energy to get through the rest of the day.  Lisa had requested tacos for dinner, since she will have a birthday this week.  They don't take so long to prepare, so I had the time before they would get here.  Then I got dinner fixed and that was about when they arrived.

The kids ate - they love tacos! - and then wanted to go outside to play.  The weather was finally beautiful and we just left the back door open and they came and went as they pleased, while we sat at the table finishing our dinner and chatting.  Eventually we were all outside and the kids ended up on the hill at the side of the house, having fun rolling down and kicking the ball up the hill.  They had so much fun.  While Bill and David took them on a walk, Lisa and I got a chance to relax a little.  When they all came back in, Bill had to get ready to go to a meeting, but the rest of us relaxed some more and the kids played.  As usual, they were very entertaining.

I was so glad to have a great day today, especially after such a bad day yesterday. 

No comments: