Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 13th - Surprise Shopping with Brooks!

Just another ordinary day around here.  About 10:30, Lisa called and said she was dropping Ashby off to play with her friend and she and Brooks were available for a trip to Kohl's.  We had shopped there last week and had a $10 coupon which we planned to use to buy some more things for Brooks.  So, we met up at the store.  I got there first and was waiting in the breezeway, sitting on the bench, when they arrived.  Brooks is so darn cute!  He was totally absorbed in making the door open, so when he saw me, he was really surprised.  Best thing of all - he broke into the biggest grin ever and came running for a hug.  I loved it!

After shopping a bit, we went to Moe's for lunch.  Brooks loves their burritos and ate his entire Jr. one and then started in on Lisa's.  Interesting, though, that he wouldn't eat the cookie - it was a bit crumbly and he doesn't like things that are "messy."  Funny!

What a delightful couple of hours, before I headed back home and back to whatever I was supposed to be doing - which wasn't much!  I did get a couple of loads of laundry done, and a few other things.  I spent the rest of my time on family history.  I am currently trying to figure out how to access the Danish records, so I can get my grandfather's birth record.  I think I have found the link - now I just have to figure out how to read Danish!

I did manage to sneak in a short read/nap this afternoon.  It was another cloudy, drizzly day, but hopefully the sun will be back tomorrow!

No comments: