Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 5th - Another Good Day!

I started my day with my water aerobics class, came home and showered, and did some things around the house and on the computer.  I also had to take a dinner in to someone, so I did a little planning on that.  In between everything else, I managed to get 4 loads of laundry done.  Busy, busy, busy!

Later in the afternoon, I got a phone call.  When I answered, I heard, "Grandma."  Yes, it was Ashby calling.  She wanted to know if she and her daddy to come over to fix the door.  (We discovered yesterday that the door on the playhouse had broken, probably in that huge windstorm we had a couple of weeks ago.)  It was cute talking to her - she seems so grown up!  Of course, I had to be sure that this was not something she was planning on her on without input from her parents.  I could overhear her then talking to Lisa, who had no idea she was on the phone with me.  It turns out David knew, though, and it was to be a little daddy-daughter time.

They came over and it took David all of five minutes to fix the door.  Then we just enjoyed a little fun time.  I had to finish up the dinner I was taking.  The person it was going to finally called to confirm everything, so Ashby went with me to deliver it.  While we were there, Ashby managed to charm my friend totally.  She was wearing her mermaid costume and my friend loved it, so she gave her a couple of costumes that her own daughter had outgrown. 

When we got home, Ashby could hardly wait to try them on!  She was so excited.  It was really a nice gift.  Once again, it proves the point - when we serves others, we are blessed more!

I had fixed extra of the dinner, so we had plenty, too.  David and Ashby ate here, before they finally headed off for home.  What a fun surprise to have them come by!

No comments: