Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 15th - Unexpected Day with the Grandkids!

Bill had left for work - rather late, actually - and I was finishing up my blogs, FB, emails, etc., when Lisa called and wanted to know if I was going to be home and could the kids come by for a while so she could run some errands and get her hair done.  Fortunately, I was indeed going to be home and, of course, she could drop the kids off.

It was about 11:00 when they got here and we had a day of it!  Mac & cheese for lunch - play with cars - tickle fest - laugh a lot.  Then it was time for Brooks to take a nap.  I am amazed that he still goes down so easily.  While he slept, Ashby and I built a huge tower with the legos and played Rapunzel with the Barbies. 

When Brooks woke up, there were more toys brought out.  We had train Thomas set up - the music toys - the clock toy - the block train - not even sure what else!  There was lots more laughing, tickling, playing, and having a great time. 

Lisa got back around 4:30 and stayed for a little to chat.  My friend came by to pick up her 31 Bags order and she and Lisa talked about the party she is booking from mine.  It was probably 5:30 when they all were finally gone.

In between all that excitement, I did manage to get 3 loads of laundry done, the dishwasher emptied and kitchen straightened, and very little else!!!  What a fun day, though.  The kids are so good and it makes it easy for old Grandma to take care of them.

Once they left, I had to finish up my Friday email for RS and get that sent.  Then I did a few other computer things and was ready for bed early!

Here's hoping for a few more fun days like this!

No comments: