Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 6th - Some Shopping with the Kids!

My day started as usual - straightening, computer, changing and washing sheets, etc.  Then Lisa called and said they were ready to go do some shopping.  We had set it up as a tentative plan earlier, but I was waiting to hear if we were going to make it.

We met up at Kohl's and had fun shopping there.  The kids played in the toy department with Lisa while I looked for a couple of things I wanted; then I stayed with the kids while she shopped.  When they were finally ready to move on, we walked around the store.  Brooks discovered the hall in the back of the store that leads to the bathrooms and the employee area, so we spent a lot of time exploring that.  He loved turning the water fountains on and off; and climbing up on the benches.  I finally put him up on the handle bar, since Lisa was in the stroller seat, and we went to find Lisa.  Lots of fun.

From there, we headed over to the mall to get lunch at the food court.  We also got a carousel ride.  We topped it off with an ice cream cone.  By the time we finished all that, it was nap time, so the trip to the play area was postponed for another day.  We all had a great day!

At home, I finished up the sheets and got the bed remade, did a few more little things, and then settled in to finish up season 2 of Downton Abbey.  I had been having trouble getting it to stream properly, so had set it aside, but it seems to be working again.  I have now finished the first episode of Season 3.  Of course, that meant I got very little else done!  Great way to finish out my day, though!


No comments: