Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 1st - New Month, Dull Day

I wasn't feeling so well this morning, so I didn't get much accomplished.  I am not sure what was going on, but I just ached all over and was so tired.  I did a few things - very few! - around the house, then spent time on the computer.  I finally gave up and took an ibuprofen and took a nap.  When I got up, I was feeling better.  I am not getting a cold or anything - maybe just the change in the weather making everything ache.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the afternoon working on family history.  I really got into some research, mostly working on the Cantrells.  They are impossible!  There were so many of them and they all had the same names.  It is so hard to try to figure out who belongs to whom, etc.  I found an 1800 census from Spartanburg, SC, with 7 Cantrells on the same page!  That census only lists head of household and then number of residents by sex/age category.  Of the seven, I might have figured out one of them!  I will give it another try soon.

I also managed to get the week end email done and sent for RS.  I put in quite a bit of time on that this week, so it was good to get it sent on time.

Bill rushed in from work, showered, and then took off for a high school basketball game where two of our young men play on the varsity team.  I was not the least bit interested in going to a game, so I just stayed at the family history a little longer! 

When I picked up the group order the other day, I also picked up the order for a friend in a nearby ward.  She came by this evening to pick her order up, only for me to discover that Bill had taken the car and her order was in the back seat!  I guess I will drop it off at her place tomorrow.  She is only 5 minutes away, so it isn't a big deal.  She did come in with her little boy for a few minutes and we had a chance to visit. 

After her visit, I made some popcorn and read a bit.  It has not been a productive day at all, but I did enjoy the family history work. 

No comments: