Friday, February 8, 2013

February 7th - Another Rainy Day in Georgia!

What a rainy dreary day!  I keep reminding myself that we need to have a rainy winter, as we have been dry the last couple of years and the lakes and water tables need to be filled - but I still hate having to go through the dreary days!

I did my water aerobics and then got cleaned up when I got home.  I was starving, so ate a little, and then didn't feel like doing anything!  I ended up spending the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon working on my preparedness stuff for the email this week.  I did a few other things in there, too.  I finally got tired of that and watched another episode of Downton Abbey.

This evening, I had to go to man the family history center.  The presidencies of the wards all have to take turns doing this.  I love family history and wouldn't mind working at the center, but this seems like adding to the loads that the busiest people in the ward already have to carry.  It is only a couple of times a year, but it is the principle of the thing!  The high priest group leader is in charge, so he and his wife met us there to give us the run through of what needed to be done.  Bill decided to come with me, since the bishopric also has to take a turn and their is next week.  Then, since it was quiet and they are good friends, we ended up sitting around just talking.  A lot of fun, really!  We had one patron who was there the whole time - reading and printing things from a microfilm - so she was in the other room. 

So, even in spite of the dreary day, I actually accomplished quite a lot!

No comments: