Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 20th - Not Quite a Usual Day

I had someone coming to clean the house today, so I had to clean the house!  HA!  Not really.......  However, I did need to make sure everything was straightened up, so she could spend all her time cleaning and not moving junk around.  I do the straightening almost every day anyway, but I was particularly attentive to details today - and I made sure I didn't skip any rooms!  I have reached the point in my life where I can't stand clutter and I don't want to clean.  Thus, my house always looks clean, but it really isn't.  So tonight, it not only looked clean, but it actually was!

I spent the rest of my morning time doing various computer related things, then I focused on family history.  That is what I was totally absorbed in when the cleaning woman came just after lunch.  I had gotten a Groupon for three 2-hour cleanings for $99.  $33 to clean my whole house was a bargain, so I grabbed it up.  She did a really good job and was able to get all through the house in the two hours.  I am happy with my bargain, even with a $10 tip added in.

Bill was home by the time she left.  I went back to the family history and he "rested."  Around 6:00, we headed over to the church for the Red Cross blood drive.  It turns out they wouldn't let me give - not sure why, but it was blocked on the computer so I will call them tomorrow.  Bill was able to give his pint, though, so it wasn't a total loss.

So, today was not a quite a normal day, but close enough!

No comments: