Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 27th - Happy Birthday, Finn!

Today has been a better day than earlier in the week.  I still have the cold, but I can tell it is getting better - slowly - but at least better.

The morning started out as normal and then about 10:15 the RS president picked me up.  The playgroup was meeting at the church this morning, and we decided to take advantage of the chance to clean out the RS closet when we wouldn't be there alone.  It has been on our to-do agenda for the last year and a half or so.  We were very proud of ourselves when we finished!  Now we just need to figure out what do to with all those old manuals.  We kept a complete set for the RS library, but we don't need to waste space having multiple copies.  (Our decision was to offer them to anyone who wanted to take them, double check with the bishop, and then probably just throw them away.  Hate to do that, but the reality is that they just take up space.)

Once I got home, I had some lunch, did a few more things, and then made a run to the library.  I had four books to return and two more to pick up, plus a couple of books on CD for Bill.  I had planned to make another stop on the way home, but I completely forgot!  I am quite sure I am getting senile.

By then, I was getting pretty tired.  After all, this cold is still hanging on.  So I took a nap, starting a new book, but not reading very long.  I did sleep for quite a while, though!

This evening, we went to a birthday party for 3 year old Finn.  His dad is the other counselor in the bishopric.  They have no other family around here, and they like family birthday parties, so Finn picked the people from the ward that he wanted to have come.  We felt very privileged to be included!  Finn really likes "Mr. Bill."  It was a lot of fun.

I am so glad that this has been a far more productive day than the rest of the week.  Hopefully that trend will continue!




No comments: