Friday, February 15, 2013

February 14th - Happy Valentine's Day!

It may have been Valentine's Day, but around here it was just another day.  I don't get too excited about holidays like this and we don't really do anything special.  My day did start with a cute eCard from my college roommate who is on a mission with her husband in Sweden.  She is the thoughtful one and always remembers things like this.  I am so glad she is one of those friends you can count on one hand!

I did the water aerobics class and then hurried home to shower, etc., so I could get to presidency meeting by 11:00.  We had a good meeting.  The VT coordinator came in around 12:30 and we spent the last hour or more trying to update the changes that needed to be made to VT - a never-ending struggle!

I got a chuckle out of Bill.  He was at home when I left for aerobics, but he was gone when I got home.  I guess he forgot that I had the meeting, so around 1:00 or so, my cell phone rang.  I usually ignore it, since no one calls me much, but I decided to look at the screen and it was Bill.  Turns out he had come home, my car was not there, he couldn't find my wet suit (it was in the laundry room where he didn't think to look), and he was worried that I never made it home from aerobics.  Sweet; at least he noticed I was gone!

By the time I got home, I fixed some lunch, did a number of things on the computer, and finally decided I needed a reading/nap.  I enjoyed the reading, but never get to the nap part!  LOL! 

In the evening, Bill went home teaching and I was working on some family history, when the missionaries stopped by.  They had transfers this week and we have a new one.  We had a nice visit and Bill got home just as they were ready to go. 

Turned out to be a busy and mostly productive day - just no Valentine celebrations.  Well, Bill did bring home some flowers when he ran to the grocery store.  I guess he still has a touch of the romantic in him!

No comments: