Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 16th - Service Project

This morning we had our monthly Relief Society meeting.  The stake has a service project going on to make blankets for DFACS (Dept of Family and Children Services) and for the elderly.  They are mostly lap size blankets.  Since the project ends in March, we used our activity this month to work together.  It was a lot of fun.  In spite of lots of conflicts (YW stake basketball tournament and a 4 day weekend which took many out of town), we had about 20 turn out.  We had some cutting flannel blankets, others tying or weaving the edges, and a few learning to crochet.  I was surprised how many wanted to learn!  I think we may have to offer another class in that.  We ended up with 8 or 9 completed blankets, and quite a few more in various stages.  Those were taken home to finish. 

When I got home, I did some usual odds and ends, including some laundry, change sheets, computer stuff, etc.  For dinner, Bill decided we should go out to eat, but when the wait at Red Lobster was over an hour, I voted for fast food!  I was hungry, but I didn't care that much what I ate.  We ended up going to Steak and Shake, which turned out to be perfect - better than fast food, no wait, and the best milk shakes!


No comments: