Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 7th - Breakfast with a friend!

My friend Lisa and I have talked about doing lunch one of these days, but you know how that always goes......  So when I mentioned it again the other day, she said, "Let's go for breakfast at Mimi's."  It seems she had a coupon for a free breakfast, so we set it up for the next day, which was today.  Mimi's is such a great place for lunch, but their breakfasts are every bit as wonderful!  I had fruity crepes, which were to die for!  We had a great talk and lots of fun.  She had some personal things she wanted to talk about and I think our talking was really good for her.

I went straight from breakfast to RS presidency meeting.  We always have good meetings and that was true again today.  The biggest thing we are facing at the moment is the number of people needing compassionate service.  And to make it worse, the bishop told the president on Sunday that he was taking our compassionate service leader.  She is the best we have ever had and she has only had the calling for a few months.  We are devastated.  He said she is really needed somewhere else and the president agreed.  So, rather begrudgingly, we prepared a list of 4 or 5 names that we felt would be good replacements.  Hopefully, they will do it immediately.  I don't know how we can keep up with all the needs without her help!

I spent the rest of the day at home, doing the usual busy things.  However, when I tried to open RootsMagic to do some family history, I only got an error message.  I nearly panicked.  I have not yet figured out what is wrong and I am moving past panic to anger very quickly.  I sent a message to Roots Magic, but they have not responded.  They will hear from me first thing in the morning!  I always have plenty to keep me busy, so it isn't like I sat around doing nothing - I just sat around doing things that were not my first choice!


No comments: