Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 24th - What a fun day!

So with Ashby spending the night, my day was certainly not normal!  She slept in until almost 8:00 - wanted French toast for breakfast - and then we got all cleaned up and dressed.  I had a RS conference that I had to make an appearance at, so we drove all the way to Lilburn and attended the first half.  She was so good!  After the first class, we took off.  I didn't want to push my luck, you know.

At home, she played with many of the same things she had been playing with the day before, except today she also got the cabbage patch dolls out.  They were Lisa's dolls when she was little, and Ashby had a fun time feeding them with the baby bottle and putting them to sleep.

Our next activity was to pack a picnic lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, and grapes, and to go to the park.  She played for a while and then we sat at a shaded picnic bench to eat our lunch.  Then she played some more.  I didn't have sunscreen, so I had to make sure we didn't overdo, but she was ready when I said it was time to go.

By the time, we got home, she was really tired.  She rested on the couch and watched some videos for a while.  Then she went back to playing.  Lisa was running a little later than she had planned, so around 6:30 or so, after she ate some spaghetti for dinner, I ran her home.  She was excited to see Daddy and Brooks.

We had a very fun day!  And it was fun to see Brooks and have him so excited to see Grandma.  He kept running back to me over and over to give me hugs.

Ah, I love this grandmother business!!!!!

No comments: