Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 13th - Downton Abbey Marathon!

Well, I must admit that I got so hooked on the Downton Abbey episodes that I watched yesterday that I had to finish them today.  That meant I spent almost 3 hours watching TV!  That is more than I have watched in the last three months put together, but it was so worth it.  What a great series - I had been hearing about it for ages, but just didn't watch.  Now I will have to wait for the next season to come out on Netflix - since I just don't watch TV as a rule.

Other than my totally selfish afternoon, the rest of the day was much the same as ever - housework, computer things, family history.   I also spent some time on the phone talking to my son.  He has given notice at his job with IBM and his contract with the cable company is winding down, so he has been pushing the job hunt.  He had an interview the end of last week and he got a good offer today.  He has a couple of other leads to finish out, but I think he will probably take this.  It is in Des Moines, so he will have to move from Cedar Rapids, but the job seems to be a good fit and he liked the people.  It is an insurance company and he will be on the IT side, not sure exactly what he will be doing, but he sounded excited.

We also had our home teachers come by this evening.  We always enjoy visiting with them.  So, all in all, it was a good day!

No comments: