Friday, March 16, 2012

March 15th - Busy, but fun, day

I had another RS visiting teaching social at my house this evening, so part of my day was spent preparing for that.  I had to do a little more than just straighten the house - I actually had to vacuum the floor!  I don't know if I have mentioned how much I hate our vacuum cleaner.  The thing weighs a ton and gives me a back ache just pushing it around.  Bill bought it, so he is the one who usually gets to run it, but I had to bite the bullet today!

I also had to make a run to the store to pick up some refreshments.  I had already had some St. Patrick's Day decorations out, so I used those for the table and I thought it looked pretty festive.  That was pretty much all I did to prepare for the social.  The rest of my day was filled with doing some laundry and working at the computer.  I didn't get any research done on family history, though.  When I had run the match with New.FamilySearch, I had meant to put most of the names into the temple file rather than my family file.  I got so carried away that I forgot to do that.  I will never complete almost 1700 names on my own, so I spent some time moving a lot of them into the temple file.  I still have several hundred that I have printed out for the youth to do baptisms for when they go to the temple in May.  Most of those will probably then be moved to temple file, too.  I like having plenty of my own family file names to do, but I don't want to be responsible for that kind of a backlog!

The VT social was fun.  We had five sisters come to this one and we had a lot of fun chatting and getting to know each other better.  We were also able to complete the interviews and, as usual, learned some important things for us to consider when we redo our routes in a few weeks.  I am enjoying these get-togethers, even though it does require a good bit of extra time.  It seems to be more than worth it and we will be finishing them up in just a few more weeks. 

So, bedtime was later than usual, but I still managed to get my scriptures read and also to read a chapter in my book.  I still don't like it and I find myself considering what I am going to write in the review.  I think there is something evil in my core that makes me look forward to writing a bad review!

So, another great day over.

No comments: