Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 14th - Pi Day

So I learned today that March 14th is Pi day - didn't know Pi even had its own day!  But, 3.14.....  Makes sense.

This was a good day.  After doing a few things around home early, I went to the temple.  It is always a good day when the temple is involved.  I went to the 11:00 session, so it took the middle out of my day.  I did the work for Mary Pauline Ash, my 2nd cousin 3 times removed.  She was born in 1893 in Iowa.

When I got home, I had a few more things to finish and then was able to work on family history a little.  During my dinner break, I watched the first episode of Law & Order, season 1, on Netflix.  It is still one of my favorite series ever, and even a 20+ year old episode seems current.  The best thing about watching on Netflix is that there aren't any commercials, so an hour long program takes 40 minutes or so.

Bill had to go to Mutual tonight.  The young men and young women had a combined activity doing a "Where's Waldo" at the mall.  They had a great time.  All the bishopric, the stake YM and YW presidents (who both happen to live in our ward) and one of the seminary teachers were the ones who dressed up and tried to "hide."  Bill said the other counselor in the bishopric was only found once, so I guess he had the best disguise.  He dyed his hair black, and then just pushed a stroller around with bags hanging from it like he had been shopping.  He was in the food court, so I am sure that helped him blend in!  Like they say - hide in plain sight!

I went to bed early, and after my scripture reading, I was able to spend a couple of hours reading.  I finished the book I had been working on and started another.  The book I finished was the second in a series set in a West Virginia mountain town.  They are romance novels, but actually very well done without all the graphic stuff that usually makes romance novels so unbearable.  They are more about characters facing their own struggles and coming out on top.  The book I started is one from Book Rooster and I can tell already that I am not going to like it much.  I will finish it, though, so I can write an appropriate review on Amazon!

So, a good and busy day!


No comments: