Friday, March 30, 2012

March 29th - Pampered Chef Party

Most of my day was ordinary - 3 loads of laundry, usual straightening around the house, and lots of time at the computer.  I have started working on the book that I am doing on my grandmother's genealogy and it is going to take a lot of time.  That line goes back to the 1600's in Connecticut, so that is a lot of generations!  As a side note, I recently finished a book entitled The Witch of Blackberry Pond, which I really liked.  It is a young adult historical fiction set in the 1600's in Connecticut.  I kept imaging my ancestors being like those people.

This evening I went to a Pampered Chef party at Sherri McRae's home.  Our friend Cynthia Clark did the party.  There was a nice turnout, maybe 8 or 10 people, and Cynthia cooked the best meal.  As usual.  She is the best cook and makes it all look so easy.  She fixed a chicken in their stone roaster in the microwave - nothing added except a small amount of olive oil and some rub - and it took 25 minutes.  It was juicy and very tasty.  She also fixed some cornbread made from a Jiffy mix, adding grated cheese and cream corn.  It was baked in one of their huge skillets.  I am going to have to stock up on Jiffy cornbread and make this recipe!  Finally, she fixed a salad, showing off a ton of utensils, like the spinner, slicers, julienne cutter, garlic press, etc, etc., etc.  She added homemade dressing.  It was all very tasty.  And of course I spent way too much money, but I am excited to get the order in the next couple of weeks!


No comments: