Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 30th - A Really Busy Day!

Today was my family history center day, so Bill drove me down.  My co-worker and I had a nice morning working on our own things, but we had no patrons - again!  We need to do a little more advertising, I think. 

There was a get together of some of the people from the old Atlanta Ward - back in the 50's and 60's - because one of them was visiting in the area and had wanted to see everyone.  That was why Bill had dropped me off at the center this morning.  He picked up another sister in our ward who was part of that group and then they picked me up at 12:00.  We then drove on down to where the lunch was being held.  There was a good turnout and we enjoyed ourselves.  Most of these people are actually 5 - 10 years, or more, older than Bill.  He was just a teenager at that time.  But, they still enjoyed catching up with each other and learning about others who were not there.

We got home around 4:00 or later and were both so tired!  It can't be that we are getting old!!!!  We both relaxed a bit, although I didn't take a nap that late.  We just had BLT's for dinner, along with the leftover pasta salad I had taken to the lunch. 

Bill's new calling is as Priest Quorum Advisor, so he still goes on Wednesday nights for activities, but at least he doesn't have to stay late for bishopric meeting anymore.  I was already in bed reading when he got home.  I finished another book, Still Foolin' 'Em by Billy Crystal.  I enjoyed the book - very funny and strong on family.  Just wish he didn't like to use foul language quite so much.

So what a busy day - maybe tomorrow will be quiet!

No comments: