Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 23rd - Kids Up!

I was getting ready to go visiting teaching when Lisa called and said the kids wanted to go to Kids Up, an indoor play area.  I told her that I could go when I finished my visit, probably around 11:00. 

We enjoyed our visit with Bonnie.  Since the message in May is always something from conference, I just pulled the little "flip through the pages and stop at random" trick.  And, of course, it was a perfect message.  It came from Elder Hales' talk about obedience and was perfect.  We had a nice discussion and felt a special spirit while talking.

When my companion dropped me back off at home, Lisa and the kids were already here and waiting.  We took off as soon as I switched out the washer and dryer and headed off to Kids Up.  It was the first time we had been to this facility.  It is owned by the same people who own the other one we have been going to.  The kids had a great time.  The items to play on were different, so it added some new variety. 
Sitting backwards on the see-saw.

 Too much Dancing with the Stars?  She loved the lights.
 
Being very silly!

After they were played out, we stopped at Del Rio for some lunch.  Then we went back to the house.  The kids wanted to stay at Grandma's house, so we spent a quiet time.  Brooks took his nap.  Ashby read some books and watched some Disney Jr.  Lisa and I rested, too.

This evening, we attended the graduation party for one of the girls at church.  She has chosen to attend University of Georgia next year.  She was accepted into the music programs at both UGA and BYU, with scholarships, but after a lot of soul searching decided that she was needed in Georgia.  I am sure she will do really well.

No comments: