Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 24th - Busy Day!

I was up early, as usual, and started with checking things on the computer, posting the blog, etc.  Then I got the house straightened up (with intentions of getting the dusting done later - oops!  Didn't happen!) 

When Bill finally rolled out of the sack some time later, we headed off to Staples to check out a desk chair they had on sale.  Ours are in bad shape - one bit the dust a couple of weeks ago and the other is getting shaky.  It was just their cheapest model, on sale for $40.00.  It looked and felt fine to me, so we bought two of them.  When we got home, Bill had to put them together, which took him a while.  They turned out great and are an improvement over the old ones we had before.

In between everything else, I managed to get five loads of laundry done, including changing the sheets on the bed.  I still haven't figured out how I am still doing so much laundry when there are just the two of us now.  At least everything is clean for now.  I even managed to sneak in a short nap, as I was exhausted - again!


We had a missionary openhouse to go to late in the afternoon.  A young man in the ward is heading off tomorrow for the MTC - then he will be going to France. 

When we got back from that, Bill went out to cut the grass.  I worked on family history just a little, getting the last file made for the Person file.  I still have some papers to go through, but at least all the files are done.  So, it took me three days to make all the files, because I kept finding more documents.  I guess that isn't really bad.  I also spent a little time reading some blogs and studying a few things related to family history.  And, of course, I needed to make sure I was set for my lesson for tomorrow.

It has been a very busy Saturday!  But, we certainly got a lot done.

No comments: