Thursday, May 29, 2014

May 28th - Wednesdays are always busy!

Today was Family History Center day, so I was there all morning.  We didn't have any patrons - AGAIN! - so I was able to work on some of my own stuff.  I love having a calling that lets me do what I enjoy so much.  I just wish there were more people taking advantage, as well.  It is fun to help others.

After the center, my friend and I stopped for some lunch, before taking her back home.  She has borrowed my Pack and Play and the folding high chair, which I also dropped off for her.  Her 8 month old great-grandson (and family) has just moved here and she will be caring for him some.  She will be needing these items a lot - and I am glad she can use them.

I also had to take dinner to some friends this evening, so I had to make another run to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things.  I also made my library run on the same trip.  She called shortly before I was supposed to leave to deliver the food and said there was a terrible traffic jam and she was worried about my being able to get to the house.  There was a bad accident on 316 and they were rerouting traffic.  After talking about it a bit, I said I would just come as planned and if I was a little late, she would know why.  I commented that since I was on the Lord's errand, I was sure He would help me get through. 

I am always amazed when I say things like that, because I suddenly have thoughts of not wanting to test the Lord and that is just what I am doing.  As it turned out, I was able to get to her house without any trouble.  The rerouted traffic had been rerouted again, back to 316, I assume.  At any rate, I only had to deal with the normal traffic and made it to their place right on time.  I did take a moment to say thanks for the blessing!


No comments: