Friday, June 7, 2013

June 6th - Back to Water Aerobics!

After a three week break between sessions, and missing the first class because of being in Florida, I was really glad to get back to water aerobics today.  It is starting at 8:00 for the summer, and I really like that better than 9:00.  Of course, I may be in the minority there!  It was fun to get back to it.

Ashby's swim lesson started right after my class, so Lisa just brought Brooks with her and I took him home with me.  He wasn't so sure he wanted to leave the pool, but a few minutes of encouragement and he was fine.  He really wanted to play out in the dirt, but what with the rain that was not a wise choice.  So, I got out the bin of rice again and he played with that for a long time.  His little bulldozer can really scoop it up.  Of course, it is a little messy, but a quick vacuum when he was finished playing took care of that.

When Lisa and Ashby got here, we relaxed a while and then went out to lunch.  Following lunch, she took the kids home for naps, etc., and I headed back home to try to get a few things done.  I crossed a few things off the to-do list, but not as much as I should have.  Later, Bill was napping and I sat in the recliner to read a little and fell asleep a bit myself. 

I did do a little family history work and was excited to finally find the passenger list for my Swedish grandfather and his sister who immigrated when he was 20 years old.  I had had estimated dates and other information, but had not been able to pin it down exactly.  It was exciting to actually see their names on the manifest.

Today was D-Day - and I am always grateful for those who gave so much to keep us free.  Thank you!

No comments: