Monday, June 10, 2013

Jun 9th - Nice to Be Back in Church

We missed our church services during the two weeks we were gone.  We attended her church with Bill's sister the first week.  Last week, Bill was working so we didn't attend anywhere.  So today it was nice to be back in our home ward where all was familiar.  Not to be critical, but I just couldn't get the spirit with that rock band.  The organ and traditional music were much better.  Meetings were all good and I was really glad to be back.

When I got home, I got the dinner preparations done.  I had already sliced a pork loin to grill.  I put it in Dale's to marinade; prepared the veggies on the kabobs for the grill and put them to marinade in olive oil and Tony's; and got both sweet potatoes and white potatoes cleaned and ready to cook.  I had taken the frozen rolls out before I left for church and they were rising nicely.  We also had apple sauce, but I only had to open a jar for that.

Then I sat at the computer a while doing some things, including a little bit of family history.  Bill got home and then shortly after the kids arrived.  We got everything cooking for dinner and serving things up when Ashby had an accident.  I had just put the sweet potatoes from the microwave into a heavy ironstone serving bowl.  When I turned to put it on the table, Ashby came running full speed into the kitchen and cracked her head on the bowl, which shattered.  She ended up with a pretty good bump on her forehead, but it didn't break the skin.  The bowl and sweet potatoes, however, did not survive the encounter.

After dinner, Bill had to go back to church for a baptism and everyone else went to sleep.  I was at the computer again.  When Bill got back, we still had a house full of sleeping bodies!  Needless to say, with the late naps, the kids were ready to stay a while.  They were finally beginning to slow down by 9:00.  It was a fun evening being entertained by the two of them!

I do love my Sundays and this has been a good one!

No comments: