Monday, June 24, 2013

June 23rd - I Still Love My Sundays!

Today was a normal, regular, run-of-the-mill, nothing unusual Sunday - just the way I like them!  And the reason Sundays are my favorite day of the week!

Meetings were good.  It was the last Sunday for two families, so they were asked to bear testimonies.  We also had two new families in the ward, so we will have new people to get to know.  The missionaries (Elders) also spoke.  They are both new to the ward, so it was good to get a little familiar with them.  The rest of the meeting, and the lessons for Sunday School and Relief Society were all really good, too.

At home, I didn't have much to do to get dinner prep done.  I had put a roast with all the trimmings in the crockpot before I left.  A frozen bread loaf was in the pan thawing.  I shucked some ears of corn and  cut up a cantaloupe.  That was it.

Then I spent some time on the computer and got back into the family history again, doing more of what I was doing yesterday.  When the kids got here, we finished up the meal, baking the bread, making the gravy, etc., and we were ready to eat.

The rest of the day was just relaxing, playing with the kids, and having fun.  It is what I like best about Sundays!

No comments: