Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 21st - First Day of Summer - at the Pool!

I spent the first part of the morning getting the routine stuff out of the way.  That way, I could enjoy the pool!

My friend Sharon had invited us to come swim with her at their neighborhood pool.  Once Lisa could get away and we made it over there, it was around 11:00.  The kids had a ball swimming and jumping in.  Ashby was particularly excited because she could touch the bottom of the pool and still have her head above water.  She is like a fish, under water half the time and swimming the rest.  I don't think she stopped moving the entire time she was in the pool. Brooks was just about as active, but is still wearing a tube when he is in the water, so he doesn't go under so much.  They both had so much fun. 

Lisa had brought lunch, so when they finally got hungry, they were able to have a picnic.  Then it was back to swimming some more.  We were there for a couple of hours, so they expended a huge amount of energy.

Back home, Brooks went right down for a nap and Ashby rested on the couch and watched Nick Jr on TV.  Lisa had an appointment later in the afternoon, so she went off for that and the rest of us continued to just lay around.

When everyone finally left for home, I finished up a couple of things.  Then I decided I was too tired, too, so I laid down and read a little and dozed off for just a few minutes.  I worked on family history a little and managed to finish checking the completed ordinances, so I won't worry about doing that again for a while.

It has been a fun day.  We have been invited to come again and I think that we probably will!

No comments: