Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 3rd - Heading Home!

This started as just another day.  Bill had the walk through with the bigwigs to determine if everything was done and if it met their approval.  He called in early afternoon to say that they were happy with the results and that he was finished!  He had just a couple of touch ups to finish and then he was out of there.

I spent my last day in Ormond Beach doing just about everything I have done for the last two weeks.  I did a couple of loads of laundry, but that was all the work I did!  When Bill called to say we would pack up and head to his sister's house for the night, I took my remaining time to get a last swim in the pool! 

By the time he got back, I was showered and pretty much packed up.  He showered, finished his part of the packing, and we took off.  Since we were checking out so late, we had to pay for the night, but he didn't care.  We are living on per diem anyway, so it didn't really matter.

We drove up A1A, along the ocean, towards St. Augustine, stopping for dinner at the same place we had stopped at last weekend in Flagler Beach.  This time we had a Hawaiian pizza and it was the best of that kind I have ever had!

We spent the evening with Martha and enjoyed seeing her one more time.  Now that we are on our way home, I am really anxious to get going!  It has been a fun two weeks for me, but it will be good to get back to a normal routine - I think........

No comments: