Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 14th - Flag Day!

But our flag was not out since there is no holder on the garage to put it in. 

This was another busy day.  I am thinking it is time for another vacation!  Oh, yeah, I have guests coming and we will be doing a lot of playing for a few days.  I need that!

I got started early, stripping both beds, and getting laundry going.  I got six loads done, one of them being the sheets.  I also got both beds remade, which is a challenge because bending just that much kills my back!  (I have to make the bed in stages with little breaks in between - one of the bad things about getting old!)  I worked on my RS email in between loads.

Then, about 11:00, Lisa came by with the kids.  She had an appointment and I am designated babysitter!  That means all work was suspended while we played out in the backyard in the sprinkler and the little pool.  They had so much fun.  It was a beautiful day to be out there.  Some time shortly after noon, their tummies started getting hungry, so we came in, got dressed, and started lunch.  Of course, they always want mac & cheese.  Lisa was back by then, so she gave them some fresh fruit to eat while the m&c cooked.  It must have really been good, because Brooks had two nice helpings of fresh strawberries and Ashby had a peach and a big bowl of cherries. 

After lunch, they had to pack it up and head back home, as Lisa had a voice student at 2:00.  Once they were gone, I went back to finishing up the laundry.  Well, actually it was all washed, last load in the dryer, but all the rest to still be folded and put away.  I felt like I had really accomplished something when that was finished!

I also had to do some other things around the house, like straighten, empty dishwasher, empty all the trash, etc.  Tomorrow is the big cleaning day, but if everything is in order, that becomes much easier.  At one point, I finally hit the wall and went to rest a little and even fell asleep for a few minutes.  Then it was up and at 'em again!

Bill got home from his big job and went to work in the yard some.  While working, he talked to a couple of ladies from the front of the subdivision who were out walking and had seen our parachute flowers every day as they walked by.  They were so excited that someone was finally out so they could ask what they were.  He dug up a plant for each of them (they spread, so it wasn't like we would miss them) and then also dug up a gladiola bulb for each of them.  They were so excited to go put their new plants in their yards.

I was really excited to have MA call earlier in the day to let me know that they were in town and had survived the tornado like weather last night.  They will be here on Sunday afternoon and will be here until Wednesday morning.  We are so looking forward to their visit!


No comments: