Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 5th - Trying to Get Back to Normal

I had quite a busy day today.  Ashby has swim lessons this week, so Lisa dropped Brooks off around 8:30, so I spent that hour and a half playing with him.  The first thing he wanted was the Train Thomas.  He had wanted to get it out about the time they were leaving last night and Lisa told him he could do it tomorrow.  I was surprised that he remembered!

Bill was not working today, as there was a lot to catch up on - not to mention that he had a toothache.  While he and Brooks were having some cereal, I heard a lawn mower going, thought it was a neighbor, then noticed someone in our front yard with a trimmer.  When I walked in and said to Bill, "You do know there are people working on our lawn, don't you?", his eyes about popped out.  It turned out to be a couple of the young men from church.  It was a very nice service.  Now our lawn is all mowed and trimmed. 

Lisa only stayed a few minutes when she picked up Brooks since both Bill and I had places to go.  He went to the dentist to get the tooth checked out.  Turns out it is infected, so he will be on antibiotics and pain killers for a few days and then will have to have the tooth removed and all the expense that goes with getting that fixed.

I had a presidency meeting and that took the next couple of hours.  We had the VT supervisor there, too, and that took a good hunk of the meeting.  Trying to get everything worked out is always a struggle. 

On my way home, I stopped by the library and returned two books and picked up four.  It is amazing how requested books all seem to come in at once!  Back at home, I had some RS things and computer things to work on, which took a couple of hours.  By then, I was getting a little tired, so took a short nap.  After the nap, I worked on some family history for a while.

Bill had to go out with the bishop to make some calls, so I had a quiet evening.  Once I tired of family history, I just got ready for bed and finished the kindle book I was reading and was able to get started on one of the books I just picked up.

It has been a good day - busy.  But, certainly not as lazy as lying around the pool and beach!

No comments: