Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 30th - Temple Day

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for the temple and the peaceful spirit I feel when I am there.

I picked up Jan, one of the sisters I visit teach, and we headed to the temple together this morning.  I had planned to work on some family files, which I conveniently left lying right where I wouldn't forget them!  So, instead we did a temple file name for an endowment session and then went in to help with some sealings for a little while.

It was a very nice morning and we both enjoyed it.  We had fun chatting in the car on our way there and back.  We also stopped at Arby's and had a sandwich for lunch.  It was a wonderful way to spend the first half of the day.

When I got home, I had a few things to do, including wrapping Brooks' birthday present.  Then about 5:30, we went over to Lisa's for his party.  David's father and his friend are here visiting for just a couple of days, so that is why Lisa did the party a day early.  They leave in the morning.

David grilled a London broil and did an excellent job.  All of the dinner was very good.  Ashby could hardly wait, though, until it was time for Brooks to open his presents.  She tried very hard to let him do most of the opening, but as soon as he would open something, he would want to stop and just play.  He was very cute as he got so excited.

We finished the evening with some ice cream cake from DQ.  Their cake has always been a favorite of the family and it had been a long time since we had one.  It was as good as ever.  It was a very fun evening, with the kids so excited about the new toys, and getting to visit.

This has been an especially nice day!

No comments: