Friday, December 21, 2012

December 20th - Rainy Day in GA - and Windy!

If all this rain we got today had been snow, we would have had a major blizzard.  The wind was wild, especially in the late afternoon and evening and was still going strong when I went to bed.  Billy texted that they had 12 inches of snow in Des Moines.  So glad we just got the rain!

We need the rain, though, so I didn't complain much.  It did make me just want to laze around in the house.  I had had plans to do some errands, but I didn't feel like going out.  I ended up spending most of the day just doing little things to relax.  I even made some cookies.

I did post a review of a book that the author had sent to me.  A while back, he had sent his first book based on one of my reviews of another book on Amazon.  He thought my review was right on and he wanted me to read and post a review of his book, which I did.  A few days ago, I got a copy of his second book - again, very much unexpected.  I have liked both books - they are mysteries with lots of government agencies involved, etc.  The author is Whit Gentry.  This book was Not Authorized.  In the final print of his first book, he added an epilogue and included, by name, the people he had chosen to receive the books for free.  And he repeated those characters in this book, again in the epilogue.  Rosemary Cantrell is a divorce attorney for a highly successful law practice in Chicago.  (Wish I had all the money she earns! But I would never make it as an attorney.)

By mid-afternoon, I finally had to go out and pick up the RS group order from Snellville.  It was still early enough not to be rush hour, but traffic was awful!  I am sure glad I wasn't in a big hurry.  Anyway, I got the order picked up and stopped at the grocery store on my way home to get stuff I need to fix my assignment for the ward Christmas party tomorrow.

I spent the rest of the day working on family history.  What a good rainy - and windy! - day in Georgia.

No comments: