Monday, December 31, 2012

December 30th - Last Sunday of 2012!

This is the last Sunday of the year, and the last Sunday that we will be having afternoon church meetings.  I am so happy that next week we go back to the 9:00 schedule.  Of course, that means I can't wait until Sunday morning to make my last minute RS preparations!

I taught the RS lesson today.  It was a fifth Sunday, but our bishopric chose to have the combined meeting on the first Sunday this month, so that meant the presidency lesson was today.  Since we will start a new course of study next year - Lorenzo Snow - I taught a biography about his life.  We hope to get the sisters excited about knowing the prophet in a more personal way.  The lessons are all doctrines, but knowing the prophet whose teachings are being studied makes a difference in what we can learn.  Besides, we all need a personal testimony of each prophet.  The lesson went well, I think, and I hope at least some of the sisters went away excited.

We also had tithing settlement at 5:00, so I had to stay late.  Lisa and family did not come over since we were going to be so late anyway.  So, when I walked in my empty house, I really missed them!  Lisa said Ashby was NOT happy when they didn't come over.  Sure glad she likes to come to Grandma's!!!

Bill stayed at the church after I left, as he has to stay until all the money is counted and a bank deposit made.  With the last of the tithing settlements, that went later than usual.  Then there was an Eagle Scout Court of Honor, which he stayed for.  I was already in bed when he finally got home!

It wasn't quite a normal Sunday, but it was a good one nonetheless.  I always like the Sabbath Day.  It is what fuels me for the week ahead!

No comments: