Monday, December 3, 2012

December 2nd - Love My Sundays!

After being out of town and sick for the last two Sundays, it was wonderful to have a normal day today.  In the morning, I got dinner all prepared as much as possible, worked on some RS things, and did a few other odds and ends.

Then it was time for church.  We had a very nice fast and testimony meeting, followed by a good Sunday school lesson, and then a combined third hour.  They were introducing the new curriculum for the youth and needed all adults and youth to understand the new program so it will be effective.

After church, we handed out more of the aprons we made as gifts for the sisters.  All of that took time, so I got home later than usual.  Then when I went to start the grill, it was out of gas!  I couldn't find the replacement, so I was close to a meltdown.  Fortunately, David dug deeper in the garage than I did and found the replacement.  We then had grilled chicken thighs and veggies, along with rice and hot rolls, for a very good dinner.

Bill was really late getting home, but since Brooks had taken such a late nap, the kids were able to stay.  At 8:00, we listened to the First Presidency Christmas Fireside, which was very nice.  Then they had to head for home.

It has been a tiring, but very worthwhile day.  I needed the rejuvenation from church and from family!

No comments: