Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 4th - Another Busy Day - but a Nap, too!

Bill was not working again today.  It is nice having him home, but it totally messes up my schedules.  I started with my water aerobics class - had a really good workout.  Then I came home to get cleaned up for the day.  I was working on a few computer things when Bill decided we need to go buy a new showerhead - and he needed me along.  The truth is that I would probably complain about the one he chose, so he was just covering himself.  (While I was in Iowa in October, he replaced the shower caddy and I totally hate the new one.  At least he hates it, too!)

We made our purchase and then went to Steak and Shake for some lunch.  We hadn't eaten there is ages and it was really good.  They do the best fries and milkshakes!  By the time we got home, it was about 2:00.  I was so exhausted that I decided that I had to have a nap today.  I ended up sleeping for about two hours, so I guess I was right.

When I got up, I did a few things that needed done, but I never did do the house straightening that is usually a part of every daily routine.  We still have Christmas decorations to finish and the place looks a mess.  I really hate that feeling, so maybe tomorrow I can get things back on track.  I think Bill has a job scheduled, so I will have a chance to do my usual routine!

Around 6, I headed over to Lisa's to babysit with the kids while she and David went out to a class.  We had a great time.  We spent most of the time playing with match box cars on the bench.  Finally, Brooks wanted to go downstairs, so we moved down there.  They still played with the cars for a while and then started running around and jumping on the couch - one of their favorite games.  It was good for them to get some final energy expended, so they would be ready for bed.  Brooks went down about 8:45 and Ashby was just starting to get ready when her mom got home to take over.  It was a lot of fun.

So, it was a busy day.  Some good things were accomplished, some good things not done, and it ended with a ton of fun!

No comments: