Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 12th - A Little Visiting Teaching

I went out to visit one of my sisters today.  We had a great visit.  She is one who was not active for many years and about a year ago, she and her husband have started coming back.  They have reached a point where they are really excited to learn everything.  It is so fun to see her enthusiasm. 

I ran a couple of errands while I was out - including a stop at CVS to pick up specials and use coupons ($26 worth!)  Plus I walked away with another $11 in Savings Bucks to use next time and $10 off a purchase of $50+.  I will have to plan to shop again next week!

The rest of the day, I was at home.  Among other things, I got the Bathcrest books finished and now everything balances to the penny - the bank book, Quick Books, and online banking.  Hurrah!

I was also able to spend some time on family history.  I had brought back an envelope of things from my cousin that were from her dad and I hadn't taken the time to go through it yet, so I did that today.  Her dad had written a story of his earliest memories up until he turned 5 and the family moved from Minnesota to Iowa.  I picked up all sorts of interesting tidbits.  He was 2 1/2 years older than my father, so remembers when he was born.

Another busy and productive day!


No comments: