Friday, November 30, 2012

November 29th - Unexpected Babysitting!

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for the opportunity to serve, whether in church, in the community, or my family.  Having opportunities to do things for others help us realize how great our own blessings are.  It also helps us to be less selfish. 

As I was getting ready to leave for my water aerobics class, Lisa called to see if I could watch Brooks later while she went with Ashby on her preschool field trip.  I didn't have to think about that answer!  They were already here when I got back home.  Brooks was almost ready to nap and, while he would probably have enjoyed the field trip to the nature center, Lisa could only envision him being tired and whining.

After they left, Brooks and I played a while, ate some lunch, and then he was napping by 11:00.  While he slept, I worked on my RS email.  There was a lot to update and I worked on it for a long time today.  He woke up again at 1:00, so he and I were playing when Lisa and Ashby got back.  They stayed another hour or so.  It was a lot of fun - one of those fun, relaxing kind of afternoons.

I had planned to try to visit teach the last sister on my list, but I called her when the babysitting came up to let her know it would have to be later in the afternoon or tomorrow.  When I mentioned I was planning to go to the temple in the morning, she asked if I wanted someone to go with me.  I was really excited to have her and we made plans for in the morning.

I was tired, so I decided to take my own nap for a short while.  I spent the rest of the day working on the computer.  I finished the email information, cleaned out my emails, and some other things that have been piling up. 

It was a good day - some fun, some work.

No comments: