Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 21st - Preparation Day - But Fun, Too!

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for food that is so easily available.  I can choose what I like, pick it up easily at the grocery store, cook it up easily at home, and enjoy eating until I am totally satisfied.  So many in the world are starving and would be grateful for just the crumbs off my table.

Being the last day before Thanksgiving, we had a list of things to get done in preparation.  I had another load of laundry to do, some straightening up, getting the leaf in the dining room table, setting the table, boiling eggs, and a few other odds and ends. 

Bill and Billy went up to Home Depot and got some paving blocks to make a foundation for the playhouse.  They got that all installed and were very proud of their work!  It looks really good and should lift the house just enough that it won't sit in water when we have a heavy rain.  Plus, it will be more fun to play in the playhouse with a solid floor.

Billy and I also got the dressing all mixed up and ready for the turkey tomorrow.  It was fun doing it together.  So, Bill had him working in the yard and then I had him working in the kitchen!  I think we got all the "day before" stuff done.  Lisa is supposed to be bringing several things, so we didn't have to fix those things.  Unfortunately, Brooks has been sick with the stomach flu all day, so we are hoping she and the food will show up tomorrow!

We went out to the Chinese place for dinner, and then decided to take in a movie.  We went to see "Skyfall," the new James Bond flick.  It was really pretty good - certainly better than the last few James Bond movies I have seen.  It was after 11 when we got back home, so needless to say, my day didn't last much longer.

It has been a very busy day, but lots of fun, too!


No comments: