Friday, November 23, 2012

November 22nd - Thanksgiving Day

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for my family, especially my children.  Billy is visiting from Iowa, Lisa and her family came over from Suwanee, and we remembered Jason, who passed away 15 years go today.  They have all made me proud.  I love them all!

Today was Thanksgiving Day, so much of what we did is pretty predictable - getting the turkey in the oven, the rest of the sides prepared and ready to cook at the appropriate times, bread mix in the bread machine, etc.

Lisa and family got here around 11:30 and brought their portion of dinner, most of which still had to be put together and cooked.  We finally got everything ready and sat down to dinner around 1:30 or so.  The turkey was perfect, as was everything else we had.

Brooks was still recovering from his bout of stomach flu, so was a little fussy.  He did finally calm down, but never did have much energy.  Poor thing.  Lisa, on the other hand, was full of energy!  She played out in her playhouse some, as well as with dolls in the house, plus books, and all the other usual stuff.

Football was on TV, but I don't know how much actually got watched.  I know the guys were trying!  It was just a fun, relaxed day.  We didn't really do anything special, other than just being together, which was special enough for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: