Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 6th - Time to Vote

Gratitude Journal:  I an thankful that I live in a country where I can vote for our leaders.  What makes a democracy work is when everyone offers an opinion and then all agree to accept whatever is decided. 

Today was our first day back to "normal," whatever that is.  I started with my water aerobics class.  We did a pretty intense workout today and it was fun, although I was a little stiff the rest of the day!

When I got home, I showered and then went out to vote.  I had expected a bit of a wait, but I was only 11 minutes from parking my car to driving out again.  I cast my presidential vote for Mitt Romney, although I don't really expect that he will win.

Lisa dropped the kids off when I got back home so she could go and vote herself.  After eating lunch, Brooks went to sleep for the next 2 1/2 hours.  Ashby played with Barbie dolls for a long time and then announced that she wanted to go do crafts.  We went up to the craft room and she cut and punched and glued and whatever else she could find.  We didn't make anything, but that wasn't really the point!

In between everything else, I was trying to get laundry done and a long list of things to do check off.  In the end, most of the to-do list will still be waiting until tomorrow.

When Lisa got back, we relaxed a little until Brooks woke up and they all had to go home.  But, I had to go back over to babysit with them while Lisa and David went to a class, so my day was not really finished.  At the last minute, Bill was able to go with me, so we spent the evening playing with the kids.

I felt like this was a day of chaos - so much to do and so much going on.  Ending the day with the kids, though, made it a happy day!

No comments: