Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 9th - Family History Expo

Gratitude Journal: I am grateful for my ancestors.  They have been much on my mind while I am at the Family History Expo.  Among other things, some of them fought in the Revolutionary War - and every war since - and were among the pioneers who settled much of the east and midwest.  I have most of my blessings today because of them.
 

Today was the first day of the Family History Expo here.  I attended last year and signed up for this year's show months ago.  The day finally arrived!

But, it didn't start until 1:00, so I had time in the morning to do a few of the normal morning things around the house.  I got my weekly RS email sent out - always takes a big block of time to do that.  And a few other things were crossed off before I could finally pack up and take off for the Gwinnett Center.

Last year I met some women who had come to the Expo alone and we have kept in touch all year by email, so we were looking forward to getting together again.  Linda, Kimberly and I met up before classes started and had so much fun catching up with each other.  It is always fun to make new friends and these two are wonderful.

I was able to attend four class sessions, with big breaks in between each to look at the exhibitors.  My four sessions were: Finding Your Ancestors on FamilySearch, Finding Your English/Welsh Ancestors, The FamilySearch Research Wiki, Citing Sources.  I enjoyed each of them and learned things that should really help my further research.

The last class let out around 8:45, so the three of us went over to Carabba's for some dinner before they went to their hotels and I came home.

What a great day!  And there is another full day tomorrow - can't wait!

No comments: