Friday, November 9, 2012

November 8th - Relief Society Meeting

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for the willingness of people to all pitch in and make things happen - whether bringing food, decorating, providing music, cleaning up, etc.  What wonderful people I have in my life!

Today was Thursday, so I started the day with the water aerobics class.  There is only one more week left on this cycle, so the instructors are working us hard!  It was still fun and I am enjoying the class.  In fact, I got signed up for the 3 week mini class that runs between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

At home, I showered and then got busy doing some things around the house.  I am so proud that by the end of the day,  was able to cross off the last item on the to-do list.  Of course, it was the list from Tuesday, so I guess I am not really caught up yet!  Best thing done was getting the Halloween decorations back in the storage bins and up in the attic.  I have a few Thanksgiving things, but not many.  I am thinking I need a few more things - maybe next year!

This evening was our RS meeting.  We had a dinner and then a guest speaker from the stake RS presidency.  We had a good turnout, but not as many as we would like.  Everything turned out well and I think everyone had a good time.  We have been making aprons from cotton dish towels to give to the sisters for Christmas and we handed those out at the end of the evening.  We led up to it with a little sharing of heritage and the memories each of us in the presidency have about an apron we each own.  I was surprised the sisters were so excited about aprons!  We will hand out the rest of the aprons over the next few weeks.

By the time I got home from that, I was pretty tired!  It has been another full day, but rewarding, too.

No comments: