Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 12th - In Iowa Again

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for family, especially my dad.  He is suffering again right now and I am grateful that he is glad that I am here.  He has been the best father.  Love you, Dad!


I hustled around this morning, trying to get packed and some errands run before going to the airport.  Lisa and kids picked me up at 12:30 and took me down.  That is Brooks' nap time, but he cooperated by promptly falling asleep in the car seat. 

The flight to Moline was pretty routine.  I was a little early, so just sat and read while I waited.  The flight time was less than two hours.  Kara, a long time friend, picked me up and took me to Dad's.  Dad was with the family, who had a get together at 5:00 to prepare pictures, eulogy, etc., for the funeral.

Dad got home a while after I got there.  We went over to Willie's (my brother) for a while and talked.  Then Dad and I came back home, had some popcorn, talked, sort of watched TV (well, I was reading more than watching) and just enjoyed being together.  Dad is doing OK, but has his emotional moments. 

I am glad that I am here.  At least he won't be alone at home for a few days.  I am trying to talk him into coming back with me for Thanksgiving.  He could come back home with Billy.  I was glad he didn't totally dismiss the idea.

So a difficult couple of days begins...


No comments: