Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 27th - Got to Babysit Tonight!

Gratitude Journal:  I am grateful for grandchildren.  I can't remember if I already said this one, but it deserves another day if I have.  Ashby and Brooks are the two cutest, sweetest children ever and I dote on them!

Today started off with water aerobics.  I had missed the last two weeks:  one I was in Iowa and there were not classes held Thanksgiving week.  It felt good to be back to it.

From there, I got cleaned up and headed out to drop off a chocolate order then to visit teach Mary.  We had a great visit.  Then I headed home to try to get a few things done there.  I didn't accomplish much worth bragging about, though.  In fact, by the second half of the afternoon, I was so tired that I just went to bed and read a while.  It felt good!

This evening, I went over to babysit with the grandkids while Lisa and David went out for a while.  They are always fun!  We played in Ashby's room a while - they had the doctor kit out and everyone was getting examined.  Then we went downstairs and played with the train set for a long time.  Ashby built a pretty complicated track system.  When Ashby went on to something else, Brooks kept at the trains.  He had himself a super long train going around and around.  What a hoot he is!  Eventually, he decided to destroy the track.

By then, it was time for him to go to bed, so we got a bottle ready, got his PJ's on, read some books, watched a little video while he had his bottle, and then he was ready for bed.  I just put him down, threw some kisses, and we never heard another sound.

Ashby was ready for her bedtime snack - rice krispies this time - and watched the Ipad while she ate.  When she finished that, she said she was ready for bed, so up we went, got ready and all tucked in, and that was it - never heard another peep.

Within 15 minutes or so, Lisa and David got back.  What a fun and easy evening for me!

No comments: