Monday, October 1, 2012

Sept 30th - Back to Billy's

Paula and I finished my visit today by having another breakfast at home, talking a lot, and cleaning another table top.  Her house is already looking so much better - hope she is able to keep it up and get everything back in order. 

We had so much fun together - it is amazing that we can talk so much and still have more to say!  I enjoyed my visit very much and I think she did, too.  I hope we were able to talk through some things that will help her.  It is certainly a blessing to have been friends for 60 years.  If I had a sister, she would be it!

I left Davenport to head back to Des Moines about 2:45 and got to Billy's shortly before 5:30.  It was a nice drive.  The leaves have suddenly starting turning and I noticed a huge difference from just a week ago when I drove the same highway the other direction.

After watching some football and getting some laundry started, we went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.  We picked a place he had never been so we could check it out.  This one passed - food was very good, decor was pleasing, service was good. 

Back home, we watched a little more football, I checked my email and Facebook, and we talked before I finally ran out of steam.

I have had another great day!

No comments: