Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oct 22nd - Empty Nesters

I started the day by getting four loads of laundry going, cleaning the house, etc.  We hosted Empty Nesters FHE this evening and I needed to get the usual straightening from the Sunday fun, as well as a little extra.

Then I went to meet one of my visiting teaching sisters for lunch.  We had a great time catching up and just chatting for about an hour.  On my way home, I made a stop at the library and at the grocery store to pick up things for refreshments this evening.

Back home, I continued to work on laundry (how can just two people create so many dirty clothes?)!  I also had some things to do on the computer and a few other odds and ends around the house.  I finally got so tired that I took a quick nap.  Boy that felt good!  I am still fighting this cold, or whatever it is in my throat, and my energy level is a little low.

When Bill got home, he did the vacuuming - have I said before how much I hate our vacuum cleaner?  It weighs a ton and gives me a back ache to use.  I will when I have no choice, but otherwise that is his job.  After all, he was the one that bought the darn thing.  I managed to even get the final load of laundry all put away!

I fixed chocolate fondue for refreshments.  Everyone else brought in something for our pot luck refreshments and as always, we had a feast!  We had a nice turnout for FHE - there were 14 of us.  Our activity was a jeopardy like game about the October conference.  What fun! 

A long, busy day - but another good one.

No comments: