Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oct 9th - Home Again!

My last day of vacation........

I got on the road about 7:15, after having the hotel breakfast.  I had a few snacks in the car and that was my lunch.  I didn't stop again until I needed gas past Nashville.  My next stop was home!

I got in shortly before 4:00, so the trip went pretty fast.  I didn't have any problems, so that helps a lot.  Of course, not stopping all the way helps, too.  I unloaded the car, put a few things away, texted Billy who had checked in earlier, and then sat at the computer catching up with everything there.

Bill got home around 5:30 and we sat in the office talking for quite a while - until we got hungry.  We went to Del Rio for dinner.  Needless to say, I was tired and was happy to get to bed early.

Tomorrow will be three weeks since we left and it has been a great vacation.  I spent almost all the time visiting family and friends, many of whom I had not seen in ages.  I did not get any genealogy done, which had been the other part of my plan, but I did pick up some things from some of the family - pictures, stories, etc. - so I have some things to work on.

I am grateful to have had the chance to do this kind of a vacation - I loved every minute of it!

No comments: