Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oct 13th - Happy Birthday, Willie!

Today is my brother's birthday.  If I remember correctly, he turned 13 on a Friday the 13th!  He is a wee bit past 13 now, though.  Happy 64th birthday, Willie Nelson!

I started the day attending the funeral of a woman I have known for several years.  She attended a different ward than I do, but I got to know her when I worked in the stake RS presidency.  I later became acquainted with her daughter-in-law and have become close friends with her.  Melissa was only 59 and died from complications from chemo.  She was always smiling and up beat and I am glad I knew her. 

I spent the afternoon doing various chores around the house and working on some things on the computer.  My biggest chore that I actually completed was emptying out the bottom portion of the shelf units in the guest room.  The bottom two shelves in each of the three units have doors, so I am going to use that hidden area for storing some of my three month and long term canned items.  Most of what was in there ended up in the trash.  Proud of myself!

In the evening, I went over to babysit with Ashby and Brooks while Lisa and David went out for a while.  Needless to say,  we had a great time!  Brooks is talking a blue-streak now and we can actually understand some of what he is saying!  He would say, "Come, Grandma" (in his cute little baby way) and then pull my finger to make sure I followed.  We played basketball, trains, read books, and a ton of other things.  Ashby was playing games on the computer part of the time and then played with us in her room for a while.  When Brooks went to sleep, Ashby was back on the computer, playing a Dora the Explorer game in Spanish.  I was in awe of how well she was doing!  This kid is really bright.  She was tired, though, and went on to bed shortly after.  Tons of fun with those grandkids!

So another busy Saturday for me.  The only problem is that the "to do" list is still there and I don't think I will ever get it emptied!

No comments: