Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oct 1st - Arrived at Patty's

I got up and left when Billy left for work.  Today I traveled up to Emmetsburg to spend a couple of days with my Aunt Patty. 

I arrived shortly before lunch, so we had some sandwiches and got caught up.  After lunch, we took a ride up to Burt to go to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried, along with a number of other family members.  Along the way, we drove through Fenton and Lone Rock.  We also drove by my Uncle John's farm, the farm my grandparents had when I was a child.  We were both surprised with how small it looks now after all these years.  Things are very run down as my uncle no longer has any animals.  We were also saddened to see the Hammerstrom farm next door is completely gone.

I had brought some pictures from Gene, especially one of the ship that my grandfather crossed on, and Patty was really excited about seeing it.  We did a lot of talking about family history.  Kenny was home for dinner and then we spent the evening relaxing and talking.
\
It is really fun to see Patty again and we had such a ball today!

No comments: